Thursday, December 4, 2008

Truth TooTwo


"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. then I realized God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness." -Emo Phillips (on Banksy's manifesto)

I just thought that was interesting.

Cultural constructs and identity politics are over as of Tuesday for six whole weeks (except the whole part where you have to live them which causes thinking about them)! And then I get to talk about them all over again. Yippee!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I really liked this post. And that was a nice quote. You should really look up Emo Phillips on YouTube. He is one strange guy. Oh, and he was in UHF, the Weird Al movie, if I ever made you watch that.

streeturchin said...

No, I'll have to look him up! Thanks for the tip :)

Murdoc said...

Emo Phillips is certainly a strange one. I think you'd enjoy him.